Why Study in Germany – Work and Study in Germany for International Students
If you want to study abroad in best European Countries such as Italy, France, Germany, Spain, UK and many other countries then contact us our Study Overseas Consultants in Bangalore this consultancy will give all the required details about Study Abroad in Europe.
The aspiring student should have successfully completed upper secondary school studies in India, he/she must have a valid school leaving certificate, should have cleared the entrance exam for higher education studies in India and this is known as “Hochschulzugangsberechtigung” (HZB) in Germany, also the student should have secured more than a minimum threshold of marks as set by German Universities and only such students may be eligible for entry into higher education Universities in Germany which is subject to many more filtering criteria, like level of proficiency in English and/or German. The recognition of entrance exam appeared in India is also very important.
If the qualifying level of entrance examination for Higher education in India is cleared and recognised by German universities and/or if the PU/12th board exam has been cleared with a minimum score as set by Germany and/or with additional period of higher studies in India then the student is eligible to apply for entry into German universities.
There are different options available for higher education in different disciplines in Germany depending on the score in the school-leaving qualification examination conducted by the state boards in the Indian sub-continent as well as the status of the Joint Entrance Examination result conducted in India.
Why study in Germany? The scope of students with less than 50% in the board exams for higher studies in Germany
- Students, who have not cleared the Joint Entrance Examination along with no duration of higher studies in any university in India, are not eligible for higher education in Germany
- Students who have successfully cleared the Joint Entrance Examination* without additional periods of study qualify for “direct subject-restricted admission”. This enables you to apply directly to a German higher education university for academic studies in the fields of Technology and Natural Sciences.
(The “Joint Entrance Examination” is the entrance examination conducted for the entry in to Indian Institutes of Technology by the same board..)
- Students who have completed at least 3 years of Bachelor’s higher education in an Indian university without having taken up the Joint Entrance Examination are eligible for “direct subject-restricted admission”. Your educational background allows you to apply directly to a German higher education university for academic studies in the disciplines of your higher education or a subject related to it
- Students who have completed at least 4 years of Bachelor’s higher education in an Indian university without having taken up the Joint Entrance Examination are eligible for “direct general admission”. Your educational background allows you to apply and enter directly into a higher education University in Germany for higher studies in any field of your interest
Why study in Germany? The scope of students for higher studies in Germany with 50% and above in the PU/12th board exams
- With this educational qualification, you are eligible for subject-regulated admission to a preparatory course. You are permitted to apply for a preparatory course in the field related to the discipline that you studied in your PU/12th class school education.Details of the preparatory course in Germany
If the higher education entrance examinations conducted by the Indian boards are not considered valid for admission to study in Germany, you are offered to undergo a preparatory course at a German university. Here along with other foreign students, you are guided to hone the technical skills and understand the German culture to pursue higher education in Germany. Medicine, technology or economics are the different areas in which preparatory courses are held. At the end of this course which takes nearly a year the aspirant should successfully pass the assessment test conducted by the university, following which such students can pursue higher education in subjects corresponding to the preparatory course anywhere in Germany. The website called “Studienkolleg” (preparatory course) gives all the details required for this course
- If you have successfully cleared the Joint Entrance Examination but have not pursued higher education in any university in India then you are eligible for “direct subject-restricted admission”. You can study in areas of technology or natural sciences
- If you have pursued higher education for a year in India then you are allowed for “direct subject-restricted admission”. You can get directly in to a German higher education University for education in the disciplines of your previous graduate College studies or a corresponding field. The same is applied to a student who has successfully completed 3 years of graduate studies
- If you have successfully completed 4 years of graduate studies then you are eligible “direct general admission”. You can opt for higher studies in the discipline of your choice
German language proficiency
German is the medium of instruction in most universities. To undergo graduate studies and to participate academically during the course one must have adequate German knowledge. But for international courses, some post-graduate courses and for students who are aspiring to study one or two semesters alone in German universities may not be required to have any certificate proving the language proficiency. To know more about the language requirements check the websites of the desired universities.
Why study in Germany – Work and study in Germany for international students
About Germany – Study and work in Germany for Indian students
Study MBBS/MD in Germany – Study MBBS in Germany for Indian students
Education System in Germany – Higher studies in Germany for Indian students
Fee Structure in Germany – Free education in Germany for Indians
List of Universities in Germany – Study German in Germany university
Visa Process in Germany – Germany work visa for Indian citizen
Part Time Jobs in Germany – Work and study in Germany for international students
Stay Back in Germany – Study in Germany in English for international students
Frequently Asked Questions – Germany