Frequently Asked Questions – Germany

  1. Can I study degree in Germany in English language?
    Yes. There are large number of Degree Courses taught in English for International students. But, sometimes a degree Courses will be taught in English and German Both. German language courses are offered during the program.
  2. Is IELTS / TOEFL Mandatory for admission into German universities?
    Yes, it is mandatory to have IELTS/ TOEFL English proficiency test
  3. How long do German Masters degrees take?
    Usually 1.5 years to 2 years from university of Applied Science. But it varies from 2 years to 4 years in Technical Universities.
  4. Are there any age limits to apply for International degree programs, MBA Germany, (Masters and Ph.D.) in Germany?
    No, there is no age limitations.
  5. Will I be allowed to work while studying in Germany?
    In Germany international students can start doing part-time jobs after completion of 3 months of their stay in Germany simultaneously while pursuing their degrees and can work up to 120 full days or 240 half days in a year.
  6. What documents do I need when I apply for a student visa?
    University Admission letter, Travel Insurance, Amount into the Blocked Account (8040 Euros).
  7. Is learning a German Language is mandatory?
    For daily activities and to lead up the life and getting a job after Maters, knowing a German Language is preferred.
  8. Do I have to open a German bank account?
    Yes, you need to open a Blocked Account at Deutsch Bank and transfer a minimum of 8040 Euros and basic amenities like rent, health insurance etc. will debit from account.
  9. Will I be liable to pay taxes in Germany?
    On an average a student can earn a minimum of 450 euros per month, this income is not tax deductible in Germany.
  10. What is the stay back period after completing Masters?
    International students are given an opportunity to stay back for 18 months so that they can apply for a suitable permanent employment there.
  11. How can I get the residence permit?
    A residence permit for the International Student is issued for a period of two years and have to be extended before it expires.
  12. Can I bring my spouse and children to Germany while I am studying over there?
    If a residence permit is of duration longer than one year, than family reunification is possible. Need to satisfy certain assessments in Embassy.
  13. Where will I live during my studies?
    Being a student, you can find accommodation at student residences, shared accommodation or an apartment. In case if you find difficult in finding these accommodations, then you can also look for temporary accommodation provided either by the university nor could you stay in a hostel or hotels etc.
  14. How do I apply to universities in Germany?
    Each university has their own deadlines and requirements. Based on these constraints you need to apply as early as possible.

[divider scroll_text=”Go To Top”]
[space height=”20″]

Related Topics:

Why study in Germany – Work and study in Germany for international students
About Germany – Study and work in Germany for Indian students
Study MBBS/MD in Germany – Study MBBS in Germany for Indian students
Education System in Germany – Higher studies in Germany for Indian students
Fee Structure in Germany – Free education in Germany for Indians
List of Universities in Germany – Study German in Germany university
Visa Process in Germany – Germany work visa for Indian citizen
Part Time Jobs in Germany – Work and study in Germany for international students
Stay Back in Germany – Study in Germany in English for international students
Frequently Asked Questions – Germany