Frequently Asked Questions – USA

  1. What test must be required to get admission into USA Universities?
    Most of the institutions in USA require English Language Proficiency Test scores by taking the TOEFL.
    The GRE test is required for International students for admissions into Master’s or PhD programs in the arts, sciences, humanities, and engineering streams.
  2. What is the duration for Master’s degree in USA?
    Masters in USA is a 2 Years program where a Student has the chance of finishing the program from 18 Months to 36 Months.


  1. Am I eligible for Scholarships to pursue my studies in USA?
    Yes, Universities provide Scholarships. It is based on the merit of the student and the Funds available at the University.
  2. Is there any tuition fee for a degree program in USA?
    Yes, on an average, the Tuition fee would be from $ 16,000 – $ 56,000 depending on the university and the program selected.
  3. What is the living expense in USA for International students?
    Living expenses varies from state to state. But on an average, the student living expenses comes around $800-$1200 per month.
  4. Explain I -20?
    Once the students have been accepted into University, the document that the student will receive is called I-20(Admission Letter) in which degree, the major, the estimated length of your program and financial expenses will be mentioned.
  5. Is there application fees for applying to universities?
    Yes, the average application fee for each university in the USA is $20 to $75.
  6. Will I be allowed to work while studying in USA?
    Yes, you are allowed to work inside the campus while pursuing the degree programs for 20 hours/week during first year and can apply to work off-campus in subsequent years.
  7. Where will I live during my studies?
    Being a student, you can find accommodation at student residences, shared accommodation or an apartment. In case if you find difficult in finding these accommodations, then you can also look for temporary accommodation provided by the university.
  8. Will there be any age limitations to attend USA universities?
    No, a student must have completed high school and completed 17 years of age.
  9. What are the different types of undergraduate degrees?
    Well, there are two types- Associate is a two-year program that either leads to a specific vocation or transitions to a bachelor program and the other is Bachelors which is a four or five-year program where students are exposed wide variety of courses.
  10. What are the different types of graduate degrees?
    A student can either choose a Masters which is a two-year degree or Doctorate which is a five to eight-year program certifying the student as a trained research scholar or a Professor.
  11. What is the difference between state and private universities?
    Well, the State universities are funded by the state and are generally larger and less expensive than private universities.
  12. How can I apply for scholarship in USA universities and colleges?
    A student can apply for scholarship directly to the university. Scholarships details can be found on university website.
  13. How do I apply to universities in USA?
    Each university has their own deadlines and requirements. Based on these constraints you need to apply as early as possible.

Related Topics:

Why study in USA? – How to study abroad in America?
About USA – Study abroad USA
Education System in USA – Current American Education System
University List of USA – University structure in USA
Tuition Fees in USA – Engineering universities in USA for international students
Visa Process in USA – How can i apply for visa to USA
Part Time Jobs in USA – Part time jobs in america for students
Frequently Asked Questions – USA