Frequently Asked Question – UK
There are many questions associated with: Why study abroad in UK? Below are some frequently asked questions :-
- What is the cost for pursuing higher education in UK?
In UK cost of higher education is depends on number of different factors such as tuition fees of universities, location of the school, the type of course you plan to join, the length of course, etc….
- Are IELTS / TOEFL/ SLET exams mandatory for seeking admission into an UK university?
Yes, it is mandatory to write the IELTS/ TOEFL/ SLET English proficiency testing exams for pursuing admission into any UK University
- Do I need a student visa to study in UK?
Yes, for studying in UK student visa is compulsory i.e Tier 4 visa from UK government
- How long does UK Master’s degree take?
In UK, most of the master degree programmes run for One year full time and two years part time. Here the master degree is taught for only one year that is big advantage of studying in UK that is for full time only
- Will I be allowed to work while studying in UK?
A. Yes, UK students are allowed to work 20hrs/ week while studying and full time on vacations
- How can I change my program of study after arriving to UK?
A. A student needs to take a permission from the university and UK Immigration office for changing their study program
- Can a student extend their study visa after completion of their education in UK?
A. Yes, students can extend their ‘student visa’, if they have completed their studies within the expected duration
- What is the duration for visa application processing?
A. The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before you start your course, usually you will get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks
- Visa processing fees?
A. It costs around £335 to apply for this visa from outside the UK
- Are scholarships available for international students while studying in UK?
A. Yes, usually scholarships are offered for graduates and postgraduate studies in UK. They are government funded UK scholarships, Non-government UK scholarships and University-specific UK scholarships
- What are the entry criteria for studies in UK?
A. Copy of passport and visa, academic transcripts, certificate of graduation, personal statements, curriculum vitae, English language requirement, student health cover
- What is the cost of living for international students in UK ?
A. The estimated cost of living per month for international students is comes around £655 to £1,340
- Where will I live during my studies?
A. Being a student, you can find accommodation at student residences, shared accommodation, an apartment, in the university or you can go for private residences which are costly
- Is there application fees for applying to universities?
A. Yes, the average application fee for each university in the UK is £75 to £100
- How do I apply to universities in UK?
A. Each university has their own deadlines and requirements. Based on these constraints you need to apply as early as possible
- What are the different types of graduate degrees?
A student can either choose a Masters which is a one-year full time degree or Doctorate which is a three to four -year program certifying the student as a trained research scholar or a Professor
Why study abroad in UK
About UK – Want to study in UK
Education System in UK – Levels of Education in England
University list in UK – Top rated universities UK
Visa Process in UK – Visa requirements for UK
Getting Work Permit in UK
Part time Jobs in UK – Part time jobs central London
Study and work in UK for Indian students – Stay Back in UK
Frequently Asked Question – UK